fantarara's graycells: Missing snow

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Missing snow


Don't know why but the last few days I've been hankering for snow and some COLD weather. Maybe it's this dusty, hot place I am in, where heatwave passes over the hair of your arm sloooowly.

Living in a tropical country, not one of us really know how we stand against the cold, but I did alright. Went swimming in the icy New England sea mid-October, where the only other person in the water without a wetsuit was a Russian. In fact, providing entertainment for people strolling the beach late fall and early spring became something of a pastime ("Let's go to the beach and watch that idiot brown-skinned girl freeze her ass off").

Anyway, besides swimming my other COLD sport is skiing. Yes well, the integrated wetsuit I have on me (i.e. my layer of fat, ha!) can work double duty as a cold insulator [kata orang, 5 mm belum ketemu tulang. It took me about 3 trips to the slopes before getting comfortable, what a quick learner]. In this sweaty town where I'm now living, I've had dreams of riding the chairlift overlooking snowy peaks, and sliding smooth downhill feeling the exhilirating COLD wave of air against my cheeks. Highly recommended (the downhill skiing, not the dreaming).

But I'm wondering whether these cold trips have resulted into lower heat tolerance? Well, off to the mountains tomorrow--Kintamani! Ubud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home