fantarara's graycells: RIP Anita Roddick

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

RIP Anita Roddick

Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop cosmetics chain, died today after suffering brain haemorrhage.

My first Body Shop product was bought more than 15 years ago, during early years of college. It was a small bottle of perfumed oil. I don't remember now it's exact name, something-berry, but I do remember the rounded bottle with its purple label, the content of which I remember using sparingly. It brought me zest every time I used it, and were amongst the first real perfume in the collection of this fragrance lover.

The Body Shop also provided an early glimpse into environmental issues, of pollution, waste, recycling and reuse. With each purchase of a frivolous lipstick, at least a small thought about how it's made, where it's ending up after use, and where profits go fleet by and make me more conscious of what my purchase means in all its insignificance.

Looking now at all the options a girl has when choosing her lipstick, her scent, Anita was a pioneer. So thanks Mrs. Roddick, for making a difference, and for making a girl smells like a million bucks even though she hasn't seen a shower in a few!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home