fantarara's graycells: Adopt a coral

Monday, January 02, 2006

Adopt a coral


My sister and I adopted 3 small pieces of acropora to be taken care of by the fishermen/enterpreneur of Les Village in Kecamatan Tejakule, Buleleng District of northern Bali. They will be periodically cleaned of debris--flakes of sand and other particles--so that they'll grow quicker . Once they are large and strong enough to fend for themselves, the acropora will be moved to sections of the reef needing some restoration. I'm excited that I might visit them in the coming few weeks! The acropora will provide sanctuary for fish and other biotas, and play a nano-tiny part in protecting the eroding coasts of northern Bali. Recently, I hear that hordes of tourists are coming out to dive and see the corals being farmed (well, at least before the last bombing....).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home